I love how it’s really quite obvious that they just had a string tied to that stetson.
Ten Companions Who Have Died While Travelling with the Doctor.
- Katarina. A young girl from ancient Troy, she briefly travelled with the first Doctor and Steven, and sacrificed herself to save her friends by activating an airlock while she and the armed man that had taken her hostage were inside. (‘The Daleks’ Master Plan’)
- Sara Kingdom. Joining the Doctor and Steven soon after Katarina’s death, Sara was a Guardian of the Solar System and helped the Doctor and his companion fight the Daleks. Disregarding the Doctor’s orders to stay inside the TARDIS, she was killed after being rapidly aged by the Time Destructor, which the Doctor used to defeat the Daleks. (‘The Daleks’ Master Plan’)
- Oliver Harper. A City trader from the 1960s, Oliver joined the Doctor in his travels for a time to escape being arrested for homosexual activities. He was killed by creatures called the Vardans, and faded out of existence when the Doctor regenerated for the first time. (Big Finish Companion Chronicles: ‘The First Wave’)
- Adric: Born on the planet Alzarius in the parallel universe named E-Space, Adric travelled with the fourth Doctor and was killed while travelling with the fifth after a pitched battle with the Cybermen. Adric, a mathematical genius, was unable to prevent the ship he was aboard from crashing into the planet Earth; this turned out to have been the event that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. (‘Earthshock’)
- Peri Brown: An American botany student native to the 1980s, Peri travelled with the fifth and sixth Doctors, and though her ultimate fate is clouded in mystery, it seems that she was killed on the planet Thoros Beta in a fit of rage on the part of warrior king Yrcanos after her brain was removed and replaced by that of the evil Mentor warlord Kiv. (Trial of a Time Lord: ‘Mindwarp’)
- C’rizz: A Eutermesan from the planet Bortresoye in the parallel Divergent Universe, C’rizz was an adept of the Church of the Foundation. He joined the eighth Doctor and his companion Charley in their adventures, and his mental state quickly deteriorated. On a world resembling hell he was granted extraordinary telekinetic powers only to sacrifice himself to save the planet and his friends. (Big Finish: ‘Absolution’)
- Tamsin Drew: An actress who answered an ad in the paper, placed by a time traveller seeking a companion, she travelled with the Doctor before leaving him in favour of the Monk. When the Daleks invaded Earth of the 22nd century for the second time, she worked with the Monk to preserve Earth’s greatest artistic treasures, only to be executed as extraneous by her friend’s new allies. (Big Finish Eighth Doctor Adventures: ‘To the Death’)
- Lucie Miller: Forced to travel with the Doctor by the Time Lords in a kind of witness relocation program, Lucie Miller left him for what seemed like the last time after a disastrous Christmas in her native Blackpool. She travelled for a while with the Monk and reunited with the Doctor briefly for a Christmas spent with his family and stayed behind on Earth of the future with them. After being crippled by a Dalek pathogen, she sacrificed herself to destroy their invasion force forever. (Big Finish Eighth Doctor Adventures: ‘To the Death’)
- Astrid Peth: A waitress from the planet Sto, Astrid Peth always dreamed of travelling to the stars. This drove her to sign up to crew of the ill-fated starliner Titanic. There she met the Doctor, who was stowing away on board, and together they navigated the crippled space ship. He asked her to join him on his travels, but before she could she sacrificed herself to destroy the evil cyborg Max Capricorn. The Doctor was unable to save her and he set her atoms free to wander the stars. (‘Voyage of the Damned’)
- River Song: An archaeologist from the fifty-first century, it soon became clear to the Doctor that River knew him far better than he knew her. The daughter of two of his future companions, she fell in love with him despite the anachronic nature of their interaction. She was killed while using her mind as a buffer to prevent the computer of the great, planetwide Library from shorting out, killing all those saved in its systems. (‘Forest of the Dead’)
Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.
First official photo of Doctor Who season 7. So excited and very glad at least some of the season will air this year instead of having to wait until 2013 for more Doctor Who!!!
|River:||What are you doing?|
|River:||You've got a screwdriver; go build a cabinet or something.|
|Eleven:||We have ten minutes; get dressed.|
|River:||Oh, that's so close to the perfect sentence|